Head an innovative surgical center affiliated with Mercy Medical – located in Cedar Rapids – as Executive Director of Mercy Surgery Center!
- As Executive Director of the Mercy Surgery Center, you will head daily operations for the new surgery center which includes two ORs and is currently in the process of expanding.
- The ideal leader will possess a sharp financial acumen, work to build strong relationships with surgeons and anesthesiologists, and utilize their strong understanding of the clinical operations side of the position.
- Prior experience opening and scaling surgical centers is highly preferred, as an understanding of rules, regulations, and accreditation in scaling and the building is needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s highly preferred.
- The Mercy Surgery Center is a stand-alone, for-profit organization with its own board. Affiliated with Mercy Medical Center (only five minutes away).
- Since 1900, the Sisters of Mercy — guided by their vow "to care for the poor and for the sick" — established Mercy Hospital and laid the foundation for The Mercy Touch.
- Mercy Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health™. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, this recognition spotlights the top-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction data.
- Mercy remains as fundamentally rooted in the needs of eastern Iowans today as it was when the Sisters of Mercy opened its doors more than a century ago. The hospital is committed to nourishing the best health and well-being of all people, especially frail, vulnerable, at-risk members of the community who face obstacles to achieving good health.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, situated on the banks of the Cedar River, provides residents the enjoyment of a favorable cost of living and a strong economy.
- The city is a vibrant, urban “hometown” in the heart of central Iowa, home to many attractions such as the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and the Iowa Culture Corridor Alliance.
- Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa and is located just two hours from Des Moines, Iowa and four hours from Chicago, Illinois.