Renowned Midwestern Healthcare Organization in Search of a Collaborative and Confident Director, Internal Audit
- The Director, Internal Audit will support the organization’s philosophy of patient centered care by being responsible for the overall supervision and direction of the organization’s Internal Audit Department's activities.
- The Director will provide an independent, objective assurance service on behalf of the MMC Board and Audit Committee.
- This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of functions spanning top management to operational level, along with supervising one senior internal auditor and one internal auditor.
- The Director will participate in the development, review and co-ordination of the annual risk-based audit plan and the mechanism to report progress against such plans on a regular basis, execute internal auditing and evaluate operational, financial, and business processes to ensure processes align with the audit plan.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, six years of related experience and certification as a CPA, CIA, and/or CISA required. Master's degree and healthcare experience preferred.
- Mercy Medical Center is comprised of a 445-bed tertiary hospital and a comprehensive primary care network of 85 providers and adding specialists daily.
- Mercy Medical Center is proud to be named a top 100 hospital in 2013 by Truven Health Analytics.
- Since 1900, the Sisters of Mercy — guided by their vow "to care for the poor and for the sick" — established Mercy Hospital and laid the foundation for The Mercy Touch.
- Mercy Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health™. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, this recognition spotlights the top-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational, and patient satisfaction data.
- Mercy remains as fundamentally rooted in the needs of eastern Iowans today as it was when the Sisters of Mercy opened its doors more than a century ago. The hospital is committed to nourishing the best health and well-being of all people, especially frail, vulnerable, at-risk members of the community who face obstacles to achieving good health.
- Cedar Rapids is situated on both banks of the Cedar River where residents enjoy a favorable cost of living and many recreational activities.
- The city is a vibrant, urban, hometown area in the heart of central Iowa and is home to many attractions such as the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and Iowa Culture Corridor Alliance.
- Cedar Rapids, the second largest city in Iowa, is two hours from Des Moines and four from Chicago.