Recognized among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals, Mercy Medical Center seeks business-minded Executive Director to drive strategy and development for Mercy Heart Center
- The Executive Director oversees the administration, strategy development, revenue generation, business development, community outreach and business operations of Mercy Heart Center to include: Cardiology Office, Pediatric Cardiology Office, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiothoracic Surgery Office, Cath & EP Labs, Cardiac Pre & Post-Operative Bays, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and the Cardiac Stroke Center (CSC)
- Manage the expansion, service line growth and overall performance of the Mercy Heart Center by coordinating physician input to identify department needs, establishing timelines for growth projects and prioritizing compliance with regulatory and quality standards
- Lead the large capital construction project of a new 60,000 square foot heart center and drive market share in a competitive specialty area
- Seeking a problem-solver to drive positive physician relations, revise recruitment/retention strategies and navigate organizational branding for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in hospital service line administration required; Master’s preferred
- Background in clinic administration and healthcare marketing/business management required
- Mercy Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health™. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, this recognition spotlights the top-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction data.
- Mercy Heart Center operates the premier heart program in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, completing more than a hundred open heart surgeries annually and offering advanced care services such as TAVR, Watchmen heart monitor and TCAR
- Since 1900, the Sisters of Mercy — guided by their vow "to care for the poor and for the sick" — established Mercy Hospital and laid the foundation for The Mercy Touch.
- Mercy remains as fundamentally rooted in the needs of eastern Iowans today as it was when the Sisters of Mercy opened its doors more than a century ago. The hospital is committed to nourishing the best health and well-being of all people, especially frail, vulnerable, at-risk members of the community who face obstacles to achieving good health.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, situated on the banks of the Cedar River, provides residents the enjoyment of a favorable cost of living and a strong economy.
- The city is a vibrant, urban “hometown” in the heart of central Iowa, home to many attractions such as the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and the Iowa Culture Corridor Alliance.
- Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa and is located just two hours from Des Moines, Iowa and four hours from Chicago, Illinois.