Leadership for Two ED Locations
- The Interim Nursing Director of Emergency Services will oversee nursing services and staff at two ED locations with 40+ total beds and approximately 65 FTEs.
- Seeking a visible nursing leader to serve as an accessible resource to staff and physicians.
- Partner with department leadership to optimize staff scheduling, the staffing grid, and department communication.
- BSN and active Iowa or Compact RN license required. Must hold active ACLS and BLS certifications.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is situated on the banks of the Cedar River and provides residents the enjoyment of a favorable cost of living and a strong economy.
- Named one of Money’s Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019, Cedar Rapids has world-class arts and culture, family-friendly festivals throughout the year, an ever-growing shopping scene, fabulous restaurants, award-winning wineries and breweries and endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The city is a vibrant, urban “hometown” in the heart of central Iowa, home to many attractions such as the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and the Iowa Culture Corridor Alliance.
- Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa and is positioned conveniently and centrally between six of the Midwest's major metropolitan areas: Chicago, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Omaha, and St. Louis.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.