Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids is seeking their next Director of Emergency Department, to serve patient experience within Cedar Rapids, Iowa!
- The Emergency Department (ED) Director will drive patient-centered care by directing the services and staff of Emergency Services at Mercy Medical, as well as the Hiawatha Campus.
- The ED Director will ensure coordination, facilitation, integration, and provision of cost effective and high-quality patient care that’s consistent with Mercy Medical Center’s mission and philosophy.
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Ancillary Services, the ED Director will oversee approximately 75 FTEs, including oversight of the 29-bed Emergency Department at Mercy Medical Center, as well as the 14-bed Emergency Department residing at the Hiawatha campus.
- This leader will foster positive working relationships with all staff, executive leaders, and physicians throughout the department to ensure high levels of collaboration, and communication.
- The Director will impact team culture by increasing retention rates, providing additional education, analyzing throughput to ensure stabilization and providing structure throughout the departments.
- Seeking an innovative leader who brings extensive experience within an Emergency Services setting to think “outside the box”, display a high level of flexibility, and serve on the floor while serving as an active resource for all staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree and/or RN license is preferred.
- Mercy Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health™. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, this recognition spotlights the top-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction data.
- Since 1900, the Sisters of Mercy — guided by their vow "to care for the poor and for the sick" — established Mercy Hospital and laid the foundation for The Mercy Touch.
- Mercy Medical Center is comprised of a 445-bed tertiary hospital and a comprehensive primary care network of 85 providers and adding specialists daily.
- Mercy remains as fundamentally rooted in the needs of eastern Iowans today as it was when the Sisters of Mercy opened its doors more than a century ago. The hospital is committed to nourishing the best health and well-being of all people, especially frail, vulnerable, at-risk members of the community who face obstacles to achieving good health.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is situated on the banks of the Cedar River and provides residents the enjoyment of a favorable cost of living and a strong economy.
- Named one of Money’s Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019, Cedar Rapids has world-class arts and culture, family-friendly festivals throughout the year, an ever-growing shopping scene, fabulous restaurants, award-winning wineries and breweries and endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The city is a vibrant, urban “hometown” in the heart of central Iowa, home to many attractions such as the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and the Iowa Culture Corridor Alliance.
- Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa and is positioned conveniently and centrally between six of the Midwest's major metropolitan areas: Chicago, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Omaha, and St. Louis.