Seeking Collaborative Leader for Chief Physician Officer Role at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in Charleston, South Carolina, Rated One of the Top Cities in the Country!
- The Chief Physician Officer (CPO) will serve as the senior physician leader for Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CPO serves as a member of Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s Executive Council and will lead in a dyad structure with the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Oversight includes all medical staff, the Integrated Practice Network physician leaders, the Physician Partners enterprise, the Roper St. Francis Health Alliance, the Quality/Patient Safety team, and the Medical Informatics team.
- The CPO and COO collaboratively lead all clinical and operational decision making for the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, optimizing the performance of the Integrated Practice Network physician leaders, leading the Chief Medical Information Officer and team to find innovative utilizations of automated systems, and driving financial performance.
- Must bring 6+ years of organization-wide physician leadership experience in a healthcare system or physician group.
- MD or DO and Board Certification in Specialty required; Advanced degree in healthcare administration or relevant field preferred.
- With a 150+ year history of caring for patients, Roper St. Francis Healthcare is a 671-bed health system that includes more than 125 facilities and doctors' offices, including three full-service hospitals, conveniently located throughout Charleston and seven surrounding counties.
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare has more than 800 doctors that represent every medical specialty and is Charleston’s second largest private employer with more than 5,600 employees.
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare is jointly owned and operated by Bon Secours Mercy Health System and the Medical Society of South Carolina. The joint venture continues to strengthen population health initiatives and collaborations with managed care partners, affiliated physicians, and community partners to ensure long-term access to quality, affordable care for more people across the tri-county area.
- Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital and Roper Hospital received the highest federal rating in 2019, earning five out of five stars for overall hospital performance by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Roper Hospital was also recognized as one of America’s Best Hospitals in 2019 by Healthgrades.
- Charleston, South Carolina, was voted the #1 city in the U.S. by Conde Naste Traveler and Travel+Leisure, largely attributed to its abundance of culture, outdoor adventures, history, entertainment, and quality culinary scene.
- The Lowcountry features dozens of waterways and creeks best explored by kayaks or other small boats.
- Charleston's craft beer scene is thriving and plays a large role in the destination's acclaimed dining scene.