Interim Chair of Hematology and Oncology Needed in West Virginia Health System with a $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
- The Interim Chair of Hematology and Oncology will be responsible for building relationships, selling the strategic vision to internal physicians and leaders, and externally to prospective physicians for the organization Hematology and Oncology program.
- Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, this leader will work in unison with current Chief Program Director to provide support and strategic oversight of the program.
- This leader will develop and evolve the strategic plan and vision for the hematology/oncology fellowship program. They will also assess the research enterprise and generate recommendations for improvement. In addition, this leader will assist in recruiting and retaining physicians into the program.
- The ideal candidate will be a positive, charismatic, and well-seasoned leader. Previous experience working in academic setting is highly preferred. This leader will administratively adept, have knowledge of clinical trials and be a good listener.
- M.D. or D.O. required. Active MD license required.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Charleston is the capital and largest city of the state of West Virginia.
- The city is full of shopping, arts, history, sports and family fun.
- There are several public parks within the city, providing residents with camping sites, refreshing public pools, biking/walking trails and picnic areas.
- The area offers plenty of “sit back and relax” activities, great entertainment and is the gateway to adventure.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.