A Virginia Healthcare System is looking for an Interim Nurse Manager of the Operating Room to join their team
- The Interim Nurse Manager of Operating Room will assist in oversight and day-to-day operations of a 33-bed OR unit within a Level 1 Trauma center.
- Reporting to the Administrator of Perioperative Services, this leader will oversee a team of four direct reports.
- This leader will be asked to optimize department patient flow and throughput. They will also be asked to assess capabilities of existing neuro services/knowledge and offer suggestions for improvement. They will also be expected to work with the existing nurse manager to help assist with case load to optimize flow and mentor/educate staff.
- The ideal candidate will be a flexible, visible, experienced, and positive leader. They must be able to think creatively. Experience in neuro surgical cases is a plus.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active VA RN or compact state license required.
- Located two hours from Washington, D. C. and one hour from Richmond, Virginia, Charlottesville is a historically rich city situated between several expansive national parks.
- Charlottesville was the home of two former Presidents – Jefferson and Monroe – and houses Monticello, Jefferson’s mountain-top home, attracting half a million tourists annually.
- Although the city is always changing, a tradition of hospitality continues, the people are as welcoming as they were 50 years ago.
- A destination full of scenic beauty, top culinary options and unique innovation, Charlottesville has been named everything from “Best Place To Live In America” to “The Best Running Town In The USA.”
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.