Elevate Healthcare Excellence, as the Director, Main OR at UVA Health System, located in picturesque Charlottesville, Virginia
- The Director, Main OR will be responsible for the oversight, and day-to-day operations of 33 ORs within the UVA Health System.
- Reporting to the Administrator of Perioperative Services, this leader will oversee a team of six direct reports, and 220 FTEs.
- This leader will focus on recruitment/retention of the department, hiring permanent staff, and implementing flexible staff scheduling. They will also be responsible for building out a more robust education center, and cross training team members.
- Other projects include, maintaining/improving quality, cleanliness and environmental footprint metrics, improving OR efficiency by decreasing turnaround times, and improving on time starts.
- Ideal candidates will be transformational leaders, who can encourage, empower and engage department staff. Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills will be critical.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Active VA or compact RN license required.
- Located two hours from Washington, D. C. and one hour from Richmond, Virginia, Charlottesville is a historically rich city situated between several expansive national parks.
- Charlottesville was the home of two former Presidents – Jefferson and Monroe – and houses Monticello, Jefferson’s mountain-top home, attracting half a million tourists annually.
- Although the city is always changing, a tradition of hospitality continues, the people are as welcoming as they were 50 years ago.
- A destination full of scenic beauty, top culinary options and unique innovation, Charlottesville has been named everything from “Best Place To Live In America” to “The Best Running Town In The USA.”
- The University of Virginia Health System is an academic health care center associated with the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.
- The health system provides inpatient and outpatient care, patient education and conducts medical research.
- University of Virginia (UVA) Health System includes a medical center, level I trauma center nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia.
- UVA aspires to create a culture of trust, respect and engagement through their values: accountability, stewardship, professionalism, integrity, respect and excellence.