Join a Maryland Medical Center as they seek their new Interim Director of Perioperative Services!
- The Interim Director of Perioperative Services is responsible for managing day-to-day operations within the department.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Interim Director of Perioperative Services will strive to create positive working relationships throughout the department, while encouraging collaboration, communication, and holding staff members accountable to ensure that common goals are achieved.
- Seeking a visible leader who will be readily available to support staff members by mentoring, coaching, and implementing individualized developmental plans when necessary.
- Ideal candidates will bring previous OR and/or SPD experience within an acute care setting and will be able to establish positive connections with surgeons, physicians, and the SPD department.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Operating Room (OR) certification is required.
- Previous Sterile Processing Department (SPD) experience is preferred.
- Chestertown, is located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and is a historic city, having been founded in 1706 as a major port of entry during colonial times.
- Brick sidewalks are lines with attractive antique stores and restaurants in Chestertown’s Historic District.
- Chestertown is home to the second largest district of restored 18th Century homes in the state of Maryland.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.