The Vice President is responsible for the core administrative functions to build a strong, competitive, clinical cancer program on par with those at NCI designated cancer centers. The VP will partner with the UC Cancer Center (UCCC) leadership to develop and maintain a premier adult cancer center that leads the local and regional market.
Work also involves management oversight of the following functions: Property Management, Management Service Organization (PHN), Health Information Management, Patient Access, Central Business office, Non-Governmental Reimbursement and General Financial Services.
As the region’s academic medical center, UC Health has subspecialized physicians and well-organized multidisciplinary working groups that focus on each cancer type. With 90+ Cancer Specialists, 10 Centers of excellence and programs consistently ranked in the top 50 nationwide, UC Health Cancer Center has physicians that aren’t just skilled in treating cancer, but they have dedicated their lives to treating patients’ exact type of cancer.
UC Health has been named a “high performing site” by the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials Network and offers nearly 200 leading edge clinical trial options throughout entire process of care as well as all states of disease.
- Requires a master’s degree; MHA, MBO, MBA or decorate degree in Health or Business Field.
- Lean certification, preferred
- Clinical knowledge will be helpful
- Experience working in an NCI designated facility and/or establishing NCI designation
- Seasoned and successful leader with experience operating effectively in a comprehensive cancer center.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cancer care, clinic/practice procedures, including schedule management, registration, use of electronic medical record, patient flow, filling, referrals and authorizations as well as negotiations, change management, ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.