Regional Medical Director
WellStreet Urgent Care, a management company specializing in urgent care operations and health system integration, is seeking an entrepreneurial physician leader to join as Regional Medical Director (RMD) over the Cleveland, OH market to help drive growth and clinical quality.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the RMD will lead the medical operations and clinical oversight of their designated centers in the market. The RMD will possess the ability to lead and work with WellStreet executives, local clinical leaders, clinical providers, and senior operation leaders, as well as ensure that the appropriate organizational structure (people / processes / systems) is in place and be responsible for achieving profitable growth, clinical excellence, service excellence and regulatory compliance. The RMD will work with division leadership on strategic initiatives, budget planning, and general operations to achieve company goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a large multi-site medical staff organization. The RMD will lead regional management and staff to drive operational performance, profitability, and patient retention/satisfaction. Additionally, the RMD will be a primary participant in the company’s medical staff recruiting efforts with the goal of attracting and retaining the best-in-class clinical teams. The RMD needs to be present in the field, engaging with operational team members, and partnering with local clinical leadership and operators, as well as with business partners and patients. This position will require significant time in market and close coordination with centralized corporate business and clinical support units.
- 5+ years leadership experience in a large market healthcare services business.
- Multi-site practice leadership experience is a must.
- Experience and demonstrated success managing large medical staff organizations (50-100+ providers) in a fast-paced / high-growth environment is strongly preferred.
- A proven clinical business leader with a successful track record of performance in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- MD / DO required with active Board Certification
- Demonstrated success driving growth, operational and clinical success.