Opportunity to Serve as Director of Women and Newborns for System Facility Outside Washington, D.C.!
- Seeking visible, hands-on leader with relevant leadership experience in labor and delivery to serve as the Director of Women and Newborns for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital.
- The Director of Women and Newborns will lead the daily operations of the department. Oversight includes 53 FTEs, 26 labor and delivery and postpartum beds, two C-Section operating rooms, and a Level II Special Care Nursery. Departmental volume is approximately 1,400 deliveries annually.
- The Director of Women and Newborns will lead the facility through the Baby-Friendly designation journey.
- Master’s degree required.
- Active Maryland or Compact nursing license required.
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is part of the MedStar Health System, the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region with 10 hospitals, the MedStar Health Research Institute, and a comprehensive scope of health-related organizations recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care. MedStar Health is a $5.6 billion, not-for-profit, regional healthcare system employing more than 30,000 associates and 4,700 affiliated physicians.
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a full-service acute care facility with more than 49,000 emergency room visits and nearly 12,000 admissions each year.
- The hospital is also known for orthopedic surgery and has a strong partnership with MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute and the Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute. In 2010, the Women and Newborns Center was expanded and the enhanced obstetrics and gynecology program includes private rooms and the region's only Level II Special Care Nursery.
- Investing in talented clinicians, education, and technology allows MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center to offer clinical services typically reserved for academic medical centers.
- Clinton, Maryland, is located 30 minutes outside the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Washington, D.C., the nation’s capital, boasts world-class shopping and dining, professional sports and an array of cultural and historic attractions.
- D.C. is known for its prominent architecture, unique population and diverse economy.
- You can enjoy national landmarks and museums such as The White House, the Supreme Court or the Smithsonian.