Lead the Central Billing Department at a Magnet-Designated Organization and Top-Rated Place to Work in the Beautiful Pacific Northwest!
- The Director provides operational leadership to the Central Billing Department, including management of claims submissions, accounts receivable, denials, and remediations of underpayments.
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Patient Financial Services, the Director has oversight for approximately 50 FTEs and must prioritize employee engagement and development.
- As the subject matter expert for all hospital and professional billing, the Director will develop efficient processes and implement workflow improvements as needed to ensure alignment with organizational targets and regulatory requirements.
- Additional responsibility areas include the preparation of and communicating to leadership on annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and detailed analysis of performance and output.
- Epic experience strongly preferred.
- Must bring 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing Billing and Accounts Receivable operations in a hospital setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- As a regional medical referral center, Kootenai Health (formerly Kootenai Medical Center) provides a comprehensive range of medical services to patients throughout the inland northwest.
- The main Kootenai Health hospital and campus is located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and includes a 330-bed community-owned hospital, Level II Trauma Center, and more than 200 employed providers across 25+ clinical specialties from family medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, surgery and more.
- Kootenai Health is routinely recognized and ranked as a leader in health care by patients, peers, and national organizations, including receiving Magnet-designation and participating in the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Additionally, the organization has consecutively been awarded Becker’s Top 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare and the Gallup Great Workplace Award.
- Coeur d’Alene is a city in northwest Idaho located about 30 minutes from Spokane, Washington. Known for water sports on Lake Coeur d’Alene, plus trails in the Canfield Mountain Natural Area and Coeur d’Alene National Forest, the city has 55 lakes within easy driving distance of the city.
- In the city, don’t miss the Downtown Art Walk, the Wine Extravaganza, the weekly Downtown Farmer’s Market, Live After 5, and Car d’Lane.
- Coeur d’Alene’s art scene is as diverse as its natural environment. It’s home to nationally recognized artists, musicians, filmmakers, painters, writers, and much more. Enjoy movie theaters, museums, art galleries, and dinner theater.
- Coeur d’Alene prides itself on having a wide variety of dining options. From cheap and cool to fancy with a view, you’ll find what you’re hungry for. Make sure to ask about the hidden local’s favorites!