Large FQHC CEO opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO!
The President and CEO administers, implements, and directs all aspects of Peak Vista Community Health Centers in accordance with the policies, strategic goals, and objectives set forth by the Board of Directors. The President and CEO provides vision and leadership to align the organization internally and externally with the strategic plan, assuring the continued success of Peak Vista. The successful candidate is expected to understand accounting and financial systems, and have experience to analyzing, evaluating and reporting on the organization's performance. This position requires critical thinking and sound judgment in decision-making. The President and CEO takes an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving, develops potential solutions, and operates well with rapid change. The President and CEO considers alternative ideas and has a strong ability to balance multiple and diverse projects of significance, prioritize work, and manage time. The President and CEO provides effective strategic and operational leadership and direction for the organization; monitors current budget and operational data to assure continued success and longevity of the organization. The President and CEO works with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors in preparing the annual budget and assures that the organization operates within budget guidelines and parameters. She/he assures adequate controls and accounting of funds, including the development and maintenance of sound financial practices. The President and CEO assures that the organization, its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center and leading advocate and health care provider for individuals and families with limited access to quality care in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Quality health care is often defined as providing the health care services a patient needs, when and how they need it. Our 817 dedicated health care providers, clinical support staff and administrative professionals provide quality, patient-centered medical, dental and behavioral health care in the communities we serve. Peak Vista is fortunate to receive support from many volunteers, partner agencies, grantors and donors who help us sustain our mission.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers has proudly served Colorado communities since 1971. Originally, our center began as an all-volunteer organization - open just two nights a week for walk-in patients. Today, we proudly serve more than 93,000 patients in Colorado's Pikes Peak and East Central regions.
For 50+ years, our commitment to reducing individuals' and families' access barriers has never wavered. We continue to build on our founding ideals and expand to meet the changing needs of our patient population. Our history is a story of community support, strong partnerships, and dedicated staff.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to providing exceptional medical and dental care that incorporates behavioral health services in a collaborative team setting for people of all ages. We proudly serve patients through 28 outpatient centers in Colorado's Pikes Peak and East Central regions. The 28 outpatient centers are located across Colorado Springs, Divide, Falcon, Flagler, Fountain, Kiowa, Limon and Strasburg.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, nonprofit management, administration or a related field is required. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of management experience is required.
- Public policy, community involvement and public speaking experience are strongly preferred.
- Some FQHC experience is preferred, however, not required. Prior officer level experience within community health service programs with complexity of services is preferred.
- The CEO role requires experiences/competencies in the following areas:
- A demonstration of strong business acumen
- A leader who empowers others and who has led by bringing forth others
- A strong presence and a collaborator within the community
- An innovative, high energy, driver, outside-in type of thinker
- A good communicator, someone who can share, listens to people, encourages opinions, and respects others’ opinions and is transparent
- A leader who empowers and trusts people to execute
- A focus on improved outcomes
- An ability to balance the needs of clinical, operational and administrative team members
- A good understanding of community health
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.