Join one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation, Children’s Hospital Colorado - Colorado Springs, as the leader of all nursing services!
- The Director, Patient Care Services will be responsible for the oversight of 350 FTEs, including the PICU, NICU, Med Surg, Respiratory, Case Management, and Emergency departments, as well as the House Supervisor team.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to mentor and coach supervisors and managers, while driving a strong knowledge of shared governance with the future goal of achieving Magnet designation.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to identify and develop organizational objectives, promotes continuous process improvement in operational and service excellence, and provides leadership as it pertains to patient and family issues.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards to enhance clinical practice and professional growth.
- Ideal candidates will be process oriented, focused on leader development, and demonstrate a passion and compassion for the culture of Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Certification as a Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive, Advanced is required within two years of hire.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a directly related health care field is required.
- At Children's Hospital Colorado, they understand how overwhelming healthcare and hospitalization can be, especially for kids. They’re dedicated to improving that experience by engaging and empowering pediatric patients in their own medical care. Here, nearly 50 child life specialists partner with physicians, nurses and other medical professionals to support our patients throughout their visit.
- The Briargate neighborhood in Colorado Springs is home to two of the organization’s newest locations: the new Children's Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs and Outpatient Care at Briargate.
- Each location offers care to kids in southern Colorado with the help of the best pediatric specialists, facilities, equipment and pediatric treatments.
- As one of the largest and most innovative child life programs in the country, their Child Life Department is leading the way in improving the healthcare experience for kids through therapeutic play, connection, creativity, animal-assisted therapy, gaming and more.
- Colorado Springs is situated near the base of one of the most famous American mountains, Pikes Peak, at the eastern edge of the southern Rocky Mountains and is home to one of the country's most treasured parks, Garden of the Gods.
- The second most populous city in the state, Colorado Springs is situated on Fountain Creek and is located 70 miles south of Denver.
- There is no shortage of adventure in Colorado Springs. With over 55 area attractions, incredible scenery for endless outdoor adventures and a vibrant culture filled with arts, entertainment and rich history, there's something for every explorer.
- U.S. News & World Report selected Colorado Springs as the No. 1 “Most Desirable Place to Live” in 2018 and the No. 3 "Best Place to Live in America" in 2019.