Opportunity to Lead Nursing As Director For One of the Most Well-Respected Behavioral Health Service Lines in Massachusetts!
- The Director of Behavioral Health will oversee nursing for a 31-bed behavioral health inpatient unit, which serves patients 18 years of age and older, at Emerson Hospital. Oversight also includes outpatient psychiatric nursing services and an addiction recovery program.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring qualified staffing coverage and education, managing departmental financials and supplies, maintaining a high level of patient care, and being a visible leader for the department across the organization and in the community.
- The position reports to the Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer and will work closely with the Medical Director.
- Seeking leader with 5+ years of leadership experience in behavioral health.
- Master’s degree required.
- Must possess or obtain active Massachusetts nursing license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and behavioral health certification preferred.
- Founded in 1911, Emerson Hospital is a full-service, regional medical center headquartered in historic Concord, Massachusetts.
- Emerson provides advanced medical services to more than 300,000 people in 25 towns. The hospital is a 179-bed facility with more than 300 primary care doctors and specialists who care for everything from arrhythmias to wound care.
- Emerson is well known for its outstanding nursing care and patient-centered specialty facilities, including the Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital-Bethke, the Dr. Robert C. Cantu Concussion Center, the Clough Surgical Center and the Clough Birthing Center, home to the area’s only Special Care Level 2 Nursery for moderately ill newborns.
- A pride point of Emerson Hospital is providing patient care at a very high level, attributed in part to clinical collaboration with some of Boston’s academic medical centers. The hospital is inviting and is an active part of the community it resides in.
- Emerson Hospital was awarded the highest grade for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group in May 2019, marking the thirteenth consecutive A received for safety since 2013.
- Founded in 1635, Concord, Massachusetts, is a historic town of approximately 16,000 people, nestled 20 miles outside of Boston. It is a picturesque New England community of handsome residences, preserved open spaces, family-owned farms and thriving commercial centers.
- Concord has many historic sites to visit, including the Orchard House, Walden Pond, and Old North Bridge, site of the first American victory in the Revolutionary War.
- Concord is a popular excursion destination for visitors in Boston, and even for Bostonians wanting to "get out into the country" for a day of walking, biking, sightseeing, boutique-shopping or even canoeing.