Join an Expanding and Highly Ranked Hospital as Director in the #1 Best City to Live in America
- The Director of Case Management and Social Services provides leadership for the strategy and overall operations of the Case Management and Social Work departments, ensuring the highest quality and most clinically appropriate and cost-effective patient care.
- Focus on discharge planning, length of stay, throughput, and additional relevant outcomes to drive excellence and the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director is accountable for all staffing functions, budget development and management, regulatory compliance, and policy creation and implementation.
- The Director will oversee a team of 20+ FTEs, mentor department leadership, serve as the hospital’s case management expert resource, and create strong partnerships with employees, medical providers, and across departments.
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Active Registered Nurse License required.
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands is the newest hospital in the Houston Methodist system, offering many of the same exceptional services as its flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. The 470,000 square-foot hospital offers a full spectrum of care through its 187 inpatient beds, 25 ICU beds, 34 Birthing Center beds, and 15 operating rooms. Here, you’ll enjoy all the experience of Houston Methodist, in a beautiful, modern, state-of-the-art facility.
- In 2019, the hospital broke ground on a $250 million dollar expansion project that will add 100 beds and expand the emergency center, heart center, endoscopy center, and childbirth center. The project will be completed in early 2022.
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands is recognized as a comprehensive stroke center and an orthopedic center of excellence by DNV GL Health Care; and designated as a level 3 neonatal intensive care unit. Ranked No. 1 out of 121 Vizient members in the Complex Care Medical Centers cohort, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is recognized for demonstrating excellence in delivering high-quality care based on the Vizient Quality and Accountability Ranking.
- The hospital and all aspects of patient care are guided by its I CARE values:
- Integrity: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- Compassion: We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
- Respect: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- The Woodlands, Texas, is a wooded oasis of modern living tucked just outside the urban center of Houston. It is recognized as one of the top master planned communities in the nation, fostering the best in family life, career opportunities, neighborhood involvement, walkable living, and three award-winning school districts.
- In 2021, The Woodlands was named the #1 Best City to Live in America by Niche.com, as well as in the top 10 for Best Cities to Buy a House, Raise a Family, Retire and Best Public Schools.
- The environment and green space has always been a priority in The Woodlands. With an emphasis on preserving the beauty of the natural environment and setting aside large amounts of land for parks, The Woodlands is home to over 140 parks and is connected by more than 220+ miles of hike and bike trails.
- A destination whose offerings and culture rival the nation’s most buzzed about larger cities, The Woodlands hosts a variety of national and local events throughout the year, from major concerts to family-friendly festivals. Top events include the IRONMAN North American Championship, The Woodlands Marathon, The Woodlands Triathlon, Insperity PGA Champions Tour Invitational and The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.