Nationally recognized healthcare provider, Children’s Health in Dallas, Texas, is seeking a Vice President, Corporate Accounting who brings strong technical capabilities and highly effective leadership skills to join their system!
- The Vice President, Corporate Accounting is responsible for directing, managing and overseeing the accounting functions and tax matters for the entire Children's Health enterprise.
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, this leader will oversee a team of seven direct reports and ~50 FTEs.
- This leader will be responsible for managing the enterprise-wide financial reporting processes, ensuring that financial and internal controls are in place and effective. They will also monitor and implement changes in accounting and regulatory requirements and regulations as needed. Lastly, this leader will assist in the transition/launch of a new Pediatric Health Management Services program with UT Southwestern.
- Ideal candidates will be dynamic, collaborative and possess strong emotional, and social intelligence. Must have direct experience in managing Accounting, external Financial Reporting, Tax and Finance Operations in a healthcare entity.
- This position is remote, some office work will be required. Candidates must have a Texas address.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required.
- Fellow of Healthcare Financial Management Association (FHFMA), master’s level preparation in a related field or equivalent professional designation is preferred.
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience in Accounting, Financial Reporting, Internal Controls, Tax and Regulatory Reporting required.
- Children’s Health, a not-for-profit hospital system with two full-service hospitals licensed for 610 beds and four outpatient centers, is one of the largest and top-ranked pediatric hospitals in the United States.
- For more than 100 years, the organization's mission has been to make life better for children. The organization has a long-standing commitment to their community that includes not only high-quality patient care but also advocacy, education, and preventive care.
- Children’s Health has held the AANC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence since 2009. They are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties byU.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility forUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and are recognized for quality care in every specialty.
- Children’s Health provides treatment for the full range of healthcare issues including advanced comprehensive treatment for the most acute and complex cases such as heart disease, cancer, and cystic fibrosis.
- Children’s Health has been named for nine consecutive years as one of the 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Reviews and they have been ranked #26 on the Best Health Care Companies to Work for in Texas.
- Dallas, Texas, the largest economic center of the 12-county Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area, has no shortage of things to do; from Pritzker Prize-winning architecture to innovative dining and memorable entertainment, there’s plenty of sights to see for everyone of all ages.
- If culture is what you crave then Dallas has enough award-winning Broadway productions, art-house theatres, comedy clubs, orchestral experiences, and ballets to keep your interest peaked for many moons.
- Take a trip outdoors to some great locations such as White Rock Lake, Klyde Warren Park, Katy Trail, or Dallas Arboretum.
- From The Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza to the West End and Southfork Ranch, the city offers an array of historical sites to visit, explore and learn from.