Join the Mission to Transform Healthcare in this Critical Vice President Leadership Opportunity
- The Vice President, Utilization Management and Effectiveness is the strategic and operational leader for utilization management, driving initiatives to position Southwestern Health Resources (SWHR) at the forefront of transformative and impactful value-based care.
- Seeking a forward-thinking leader to monitor utilization trends, as well as conduct ROI strategic assessments, to develop utilization management programs that are pioneering and aligned with clinical patient outcomes.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President is responsible for driving a culture of excellence and accountability, regulatory compliance, budget oversight, and evaluating practices for innovative improvement opportunities around department and staffing models. Also responsible for, in partnership with Physician Experience leaders, enhancing provider relationships and engagement.
- Must bring 10+ years of experience in case management, utilization review, or medical management, with 5+ years in a senior leadership capacity. Ideal candidates will have a combination of managed care and provider group healthcare experience.
- Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Formed by UT Southwestern and Texas Health Resources, two of the country’s largest healthcare systems, SWHR creates connections that strengthen the patient-physician experience and improve health outcomes and the total cost of care across the healthcare delivery system. The organization’s work is focused on creating value, and that means providing patients with the right care, at the right time, and in the right place.
- The healthcare system is complex but that’s where SWHR thrives. Using knowledge, data insight and clinical experience, our people develop innovative solutions that improve lives. It’s why SWHR is a national leader in population health. SWHR leaders and team members share a common purpose to improve the way healthcare is delivered. We are moving healthcare forward, together.
- With over 6,000 physician and ancillary providers and 29 hospital locations in its network, SWHR connects physicians to patients and insights to outcomes – identifying barriers to better population health management and relentlessly pursuing a new model of value-based, high-quality, data-driven healthcare.
- SWHR coordinates care for more than 700,000 patients, aligned with commercial health care plans and Medicare programs, along with more than 14,000 Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in its Care N’ Care Medicare Advantage health plan. It also provides Population Health Services through clinical and quality data along with analytic services necessary to support the physician-driven clinical model.
- Learn more about Southwestern Health Resources’ transformative approach to healthcare: www.southwesternhealth.org/
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, is a modern metropolis of North Texas and has no shortage of things to do and see; from Pritzker Prize-winning architecture to innovative dining and memorable entertainment, there’s a little something for everyone to enjoy.
- If culture is what you crave, Dallas has enough award-winning Broadway productions, art-house theatres, comedy clubs, orchestral experiences, and ballets to keep your interest peaked.
- Take an outdoor excursion to some great locations such as White Rock Lake, Klyde Warren Park, Katy Trail, or Dallas Arboretum.
- From The Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza to the West End and Southfork Ranch, the city offers an array of historical sites to visit, explore, and learn from.