Seeking a dynamic nursing leader to serve as Senior Vice President (SVP) of Nursing, Perioperative Services at Parkland Health and Hospital System in Dallas, Texas!
- The SVP of Nursing, Perioperative Services will be expected to promote, support, and lead assigned services at local, state, and national levels by maintaining responsibility in conjunction with physician leaders, to define a clear strategic direction and planning.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Executive, this leader will oversee a team of approximately 660 FTEs, with eight direct repots managing 23 ORs.
- This leader will be expected to assist in the opening of four additional ORs at the organization’s main campus. This leader will also be expected to assess the department and build a succession plan, along with hiring additional staff to maximum operations of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, with a positive personality. They must be team-oriented and have exceptional communication and collaboration skills. Experience leading high dollar operations, managing capital budget and understanding of OR logistics is critical.
- Must possess 15 years of progression responsible nursing experience with a minimum of 7 years’ experience as an executive leader in a large and/or academic healthcare setting.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business or Healthcare Administration required; Doctoral preferred. FEMA and NIMS certification required.
- Active compact nursing license is required.
- Parkland Health & Hospital System first opened its doors in 1894 and is now one of the largest public hospital systems in the country. With 882 licensed beds, Parkland cares for more than one million patient visits annually and is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
- Parkland’s Cancer Care program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and service offerings range from Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Infusion Services, and Palliative Care. Currently spanning 41 exam rooms, 50 infusion chairs, and over 100 chemotherapies a day, Parkland is in the process of expanding their program with aim to relocate to a new state-of-the-art facility in 2021.
- Parkland Health is a Level I Trauma Center, the second largest civilian burn center in the U.S., and delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The system also includes 20 community-based clinics, including primary care and women's clinics, 12 school-based clinics, and numerous outreach and education programs.
- Dallas, Texas, the largest economic center of the 12-county Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area, has no shortage of things to do; from Pritzker Prize-winning architecture to innovative dining and memorable entertainment, there’s plenty of sights to see for everyone of all ages.
- If culture is what you crave then Dallas has enough award-winning Broadway productions, art-house theatres, comedy clubs, orchestral experiences, and ballets to keep your interest peaked for many moons.
- Take a trip outdoors to some great locations such as White Rock Lake, Klyde Warren Park, Katy Trail, or Dallas Arboretum. From The Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza to the West End and Southfork Ranch, the city offers an array of historical sites to visit, explore and learn from.
- Dallas is ranked by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) as one of the top 10 housing markets. Additionally, the city offers over a dozen school districts to choose from and are ranked within the top 25 top performing school districts in the state of Texas.