Join a Medical Center near Dallas, Texas as their new Interim Director of Surgical Services
- The Interim Director of Surgical Services will partner with current Director in leading day-to-day operations of Perioperative Services department, consisting of a ten bed OR, PACU and SPD.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of ~95 FTEs.
- This leader will be expected to partner with the incumbent OR Director in leading day to day operations of the OR and drive best practices. They will also provide a fresh set of eyes, and preform an assessment of the department for overall efficiency and create/build a solid foundation. They will also partner with leadership in helping in the launch of new Cardiothoracic program.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong OR background in an acute care hospital setting. Cardiothoracic program experience is a plus. Must be a strong, collaborative leader with excellent communication skills.
- Masters degree required.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, is a modern metropolis of North Texas and has no shortage of things to do and see; from Pritzker Prize-winning architecture to innovative dining and memorable entertainment, there’s a little something for everyone to enjoy.
- If culture is what you crave, Dallas has enough award-winning Broadway productions, art-house theatres, comedy clubs, orchestral experiences, and ballets to keep your interest peaked.
- Take an outdoor excursion to some great locations such as White Rock Lake, Klyde Warren Park, Katy Trail, or Dallas Arboretum.
- From The Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza to the West End and Southfork Ranch, the city offers an array of historical sites to visit, explore, and learn from.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.