Vice President, Strategic Business Partnering & Talent Acquisition
The VP, Strategic Business Partnering & Talent Acquisition is a key member of the HR leadership team. The VP is responsible for leading the delivery of exceptional people services across Nuvance Health in alignment with organizational objectives. The VP provides strategic leadership in the delivery of a Human Resources partnership model, ensuring HR resources are aligned with the strategic priorities of the organization. The VP ensures that the executive leaders, managers, and employees of Nuvance Health have the support and guidance they need in order to be successful. The VP oversees the acquisition and retention of talent to ensure business continuity, drive employee engagement, and deliver exceptional patient care. The VP serves as a role model for the Health System’s mission and values. The VP will lead a group of 6 highly experienced direct report Directors of HR and approximately 45 team members in total. In addition, it is expected that the VP will have an individual portfolio as Strategic Business Partner for a small number of leaders at the executive level of Nuvance Health. It is anticipated that the VP will develop and maintain a high degree of visibility with HR team members and operating leaders at locations of care across Nuvance Health. The home office site for the Human Resources Department, other support departments and the Nuvance system-level executive team is a new 220,000 sq.ft. corporate office building on the CT/NY border, which opened in December 2021.
Nuvance Health, (Nuvance), an innovative, award-winning, non-profit health system, was formed in April 2019 through the merger of two leading health systems, Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network. “Nuvance”, derived from a combination of the words “new” and “advance,” reflects a mission to “continually progress and pursue impossible to enhance the health and well-bring of every person in the communities served.” The newly created health system was developed to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible, and affordable care. Nuvance Health is governed by a 17-member Board of Trustees. With seven hospitals, more than 2,600 aligned physicians, and 11,000 employees, Nuvance Health serves more than 1.5 million residents across western Connecticut and the Hudson River Valley. This region benefits from a strong economic base and a stable to growing population. The system’s flagship hospitals, Danbury Hospital and Vassar Brothers Medical Center, each benefit from geographic positioning with minimal significant hospital-based service competition, while Norwalk Hospital operates within a highly competitive Fairfield County market. For FY 2021, Nuvance Health generated a breakeven operating margin on revenues of approximately $2.5M, and the system’s balance sheet is solid. Leadership is focused on the continuing advancement of system integration to realize benefits of synergy and scale.
- An undergraduate degree and relevant Master’s degree required. Preferred concentration in business, human resources, organizational behavior and development, industrial/organizational psychology, or related disciplines.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in Human Resources Management roles, with at least 3 years as an Executive leader managing large complex teams.
- Healthcare related industry experience preferred.
- Possess knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations.
- Experience as a HRBP working within a multi-site system environment and working with large, widely dispersed, workforces.
- Proven, successful leadership experience within a complex and matrixed reporting structure and a shared services model.
- Experience working within a collective bargaining environment is a plus.
- SPHR or SHRM-CP experience preferred.