Nuvance Health is seeking a Vice President, Total Rewards (VP, Total Rewards). Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the VP, Total Rewards will provide leadership for compensation, benefits, rewards and recognition, and wellness programs for Nuvance Health and its 15,000 employees. Nuvance Health is a market-leading, $2.6B health system with 7 hospitals serving 1.5 million people across New York’s Hudson River Valley and western Connecticut.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished, forward-thinking, and collaborative Total Rewards leader to join an exceptional regional health system and to impact the lives of the communities Nuvance Health serves, as well as its workforce. The successful VP, Total Rewards will develop a Total Rewards strategy that aligns with Nuvance Health’s strategic goals, culture, and competitive market dynamics. The VP, Total Rewards will lead a progressive approach to compensation, benefits, recognition, and wellness offerings to ensure a compelling employee value proposition, ensuring that Nuvance continues to be a market leader in a competitive market.
The VP, Total Rewards will oversee the compensation, benefits, rewards and recognition, and wellness teams for Nuvance Health and will manage the design and implementation of innovative, best-in-class strategies to attract, reward and retain top talent for Nuvance Health. The VP, Total Rewards manages a benefits portfolio of nearly $300M annually, and guides compensation practices for a $1.5B salary budget, two of the top expenses incurred by Nuvance Health. The VP, Total Rewards is a key member of the Human Resources leadership team and will support the development of a human capital strategy to ensure Nuvance Health is able to attract, retain, and motivate a talented workforce in a dynamic market for years to come. As a functional expert in Total Rewards strategies, the VP, Total Rewards will be responsible for broad-based, physician, executive compensation, short- and long-term incentives, salary and hourly reviews, health, welfare, savings and pension plans, and ancillary benefits. This position will work closely with internal functions (Finance, Medical Practices, Population Health, etc.) and external partners/vendors to deliver creative and market-sensitive Total Rewards strategies that are consistent, scalable, effective, and deliver an optimal return on investment. This position also ensures that compensation, benefit, and rewards programs support Nuvance Health’s strategic objectives, align with the Nuvance Health culture, and meet all legal and regulatory requirements. This role manages a service-oriented team of professionals dedicated to providing a competitive Total Rewards program through best-in-class program design, excellent consultative services, and exceptional user experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s Degree required. Degree in business, human resources, organizational development, healthcare management, or equivalent preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Certified Total Rewards Professional, Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Human Resources Leadership or similar certification preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of Human Resources leadership experience required, with ideally at least three years in the healthcare industry. Experience within a multi-hospital health system is a plus.
- Must be a knowledgeable Total Rewards leader with experience designing, executing, and administering broad-based benefits, compensation, executive compensation, rewards /recognition programs.
- Proven experience assessing Total Rewards initiatives utilizing data analytics and metrics to make informed decisions, measure results, attract top talent, and drive positive impact in enhancing employee experience, engagement, and retention.
- Successful track record of managing total employee benefits spend.
- Demonstrated experience applying subject matter expertise (technical skills) to address core business needs and developing a process/system/solution which can deliver repeated/scalable positive results.
- Experience working with labor unions is preferred.
- Experience working with positions from entry level to executive level.
Nuvance Health, (Nuvance), an innovative, award-winning, non-profit health system, was formed in April 2019 through the merger of two leading health systems, Health Quest, and Western Connecticut Health Network. Nuvance is well positioned in today’s consumer-driven environment to help people optimize their health, prevent disease, and manage chronic conditions. The focus of Nuvance Health is to deliver high quality care that is safe, affordable, patient-centered, and well-coordinated. Nuvance Health is governed by a 17-member Board of Trustees. With seven hospitals, more than 2,600 aligned physicians, and 15,000 employees, Nuvance Health serves more than 1.5 million residents across western Connecticut and the Hudson River Valley. This region benefits from a strong economic base and a stable population.
Nuvance Health’s sites of care span the mid-Hudson River Valley region of New York State, as well as the cities and towns of western Connecticut, ranging from cosmopolitan Fairfield County in the south, to bucolic Litchfield County in the north. City and country are close together in these regions. Located north and northeast of New York City, the region is easily accessible to/from the city by car, or via train on Amtrak or commuter rail. Area residents can make a daytime or overnight trip to New York City and be back home in 90 minutes. The region offers a wide variety of communities, ranging from urban/suburban to charming small towns. The economic base is diverse and solid, as home to a well-trained workforce and an impressive array of companies, including Fortune 100 corporations.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
About AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search
AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search, is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, AMN Leadership Solutions, is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates.