Seeking President & CEO for leading hospice and palliative care provider in the state of Massachusetts
The Chief Executive Officer is employed by and responsible to the Board of Directors for the management of all aspects of Care Dimensions and for the effective, compassionate, and efficient use of resources in carrying out the organization's purposes, serving as liaison between Board, staff, and community. The President is responsible for the ongoing administration of Care Dimensions’ goals, objectives and policies established by the Board. He/she manages the affairs of the Hospice with full authority under the direction of the Board and within the Board policies and approved budget.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge, vision, gravitas and demonstrated track record to successfully navigate the complex financial and market dynamics. Additionally, the selected candidate will be a strategic thought leader who demonstrates the ability to execute on a new strategic plan that recognizes the impact of COVID 19 market changes and ensures ongoing and future success, financial stability, and intentional growth, while also maintaining Care Dimensions’ positive, compassionate, and collaborative culture and operational strength. This new executive will serve as the external voice and face of Care Dimensions, the “chief advocate” and be capable of telling the story to raise its visibility and awareness among all key influencers, public and private stakeholders.
Established in 1978 and headquartered in eastern Massachusetts, Care Dimensions has a rich history and outstanding reputation for providing comprehensive and compassionate end-of-life care services. Today, Care Dimensions is a thriving, successful, financially healthy organization. As the leading hospice and palliative care provider in the state, Care Dimensions has a foundation of highly committed, mission-driven, and clinically focused employees and was recognized by Modern Healthcare as Best Places to Work in both 2018 and 2021. With more than 700 employees and $73 million in net revenue, Care Dimensions has been the yardstick by which many end-of-life care organizations measure themselves across the country and is at the forefront of national leadership. An agile and innovative organization, Care Dimensions has a strong executive leadership team and offers a diverse set of critical end-of-life care services – hospice, palliative care, at home primary care, and bereavement services. Patients and their families report a high level of satisfaction and Care Dimensions has a national reputation for providing high quality, genuinely compassionate care.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field. A Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred and clinical background (i.e., MD, RN, PharmD) is a plus.
- Minimum of eight to ten years in the administration and supervision of healthcare delivery.
- The successful candidate will have experience as a President/Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, SVP/VP of Operations or hold another senior executive-level position in a healthcare provider organization.
- Experience within an end-of-life care setting is strongly preferred (i.e., standalone hospice care center, palliative care setting, VNA with hospice/palliative care services, or health system with hospice/palliative care service line).
- Experience working closely with a Board, including assisting with the development of a strategic plan based on community needs, is required.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.