System-Level AVP Leadership Role, Driving Architectural Innovation for Twelve Hospital Campuses and Additional Sites!
- Overseeing approximately 24 direct reports, the AVP of Architectural Healthcare Innovation will offer effective leadership, counseling, and mentoring while directing the activities and day to day operations of the Healthcare, Architectural, and Planning Teams.
- Responsible for all phases of project development, monitoring lead times and critical paths as it pertains to all project plans and identifying changes in work scope to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external resources.
- Responsible for the facility and departmental planning of healthcare facilities as well as aesthetic solution and overall design for projects that are large or complex in nature as well as staying informed of best practice models both internally and externally and staying included in improvement processes.
- Responsible for staying updated and familiar with current trends in healthcare delivery, impact of new concepts of patient and staff flow as it relates directly to medical planning and the impact of newly emerging technology in medical equipment and medical communications in hospitals.
- Manages staffing and human resource responsibilities, coordinates the hiring and training processes for all positions within the design and planning departments, and engages in the hiring process of additional positions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/ Architectural Engineering from an accredited school of Architecture required.
- Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes twelve hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually.
- Geisinger Medical Center has been named to Newsweek’s list of World’s Best Hospitals 2021. This recognition is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
- Geisinger has become a coordinated intersection of services and providers – primary care and specialists, hospitals and trauma centers, insurance, medical education and research, all working together making it possible to do more to improve care, and test and share innovation. What makes Geisinger unique is the patients and communities who are the focus of everything – their essential partners.
- Danville, Pennsylvania, is a city rich in history and charm nestled along the Susquehanna River and surrounded by rolling hills and woodlands.
- Downtown's Mill Street offers quaint shops, a variety of dining and late-night entertainment, and American crafts and artwork.
- Danville boasts a below average cost of living and a wealth of outdoor activities, countless covered bridges, golf courses, parks, state parks and forests, trails and local events to discover.
- Centrally located in Pennsylvania, Danville is less than a three-hour drive to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, D.C.