Play an Integral Role in Building Two New Free Standing Behavioral Health Facilities as the New Director of Nursing-Inpatient Psychiatry!
- The Director of Nursing, Inpatient Psychiatry will oversee two existing behavioral Health Units in Geisinger’s Central region as well as play an integral role in the building of two new free standing behavioral health facilities totaling 100 beds to meet the needs of adults and pediatric patients in the region.
- This seasoned and inspired leader will bring working knowledge of behavioral health and work in close partnership to provide administrative, clinical and strategic direction alongside the provider group, staff and community to achieve desired outcomes.
- The Director develops and initiates high quality improvements within the organization, manages nursing staff and daily operations within the department promoting a culture of collaboration, engagement and evidence-based nursing practice.
- Works to sustain a high-quality workforce by collaborating with the Nursing Professional Development Specialist to develop orientation, continuing education, and competencies.
- BSN degree required, 5+ years of progressive psychiatric leadership experience; pediatric experience preferred. Ability to secure Pennsylvania RN licensure.
- Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the Geisinger Health system now includes nine hospital campuses, 24,000 employees, 1,600 employed physicians, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- The selected Director will be a part of Geisinger’s Central region leadership team which is comprised of Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital.
- As part of Geisinger’s continued pursuit to meet the need for expanded services in the region, they recently formed a joint venture with Acadia Healthcare to build two new freestanding health facilities on track to open in 2022 and 2023.
- Acadia is the nation’s largest stand-alone behavioral health company and the leader in the industry with a network of 227 facilities and 9,900 beds across 40 states.
- Danville boasts an attractive cost of living profile and a wealth of outdoor activities including boating, golf and skiing.
- Centrally located in Pennsylvania, Danville is less than a three-hour drive to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, D. C.
- Danville honors its past with a National Historic District that encompasses its well-preserved downtown and surrounding neighborhoods, the highly regarded Montgomery Museum, the annual Iron Heritage Festival, the nation's first rail-trail, and their very own highway to history, the Susquehanna River.