Report to the CEO, while you oversee operations & improvements for a brand new, 100-bed behavioral health hospital as the new Nurse Manager
- Reporting to the CEO, the Nurse Manager for Behavioral Health will supervise activities related to performance improvement, administration, resource management, finances, patient care operations and safety of the new behavioral health hospital
- Overseeing a team of 80+, the Nurse Manager will prioritize employee engagement to help develop staff trust and morale
- Assess current state of workflows, implement infrastructure for the new facility, identify ways to optimize utilization and revise staff scheduling to best meet demands
- Work closely with Emergency Department leader to address issues like throughput, patient flow and de-escalation
- Ideal leader will be positive, strategic, autonomous and able to quickly build relationships
- Minimum three years as a behavioral health nurse leader and significant knowledge of regulatory standards
- Must possess or obtain BSN
- Clive Behavioral Health is a new 100-bed behavioral health start-up hospital, currently under construction and a partnership of MercyOne and UHS to address the growing, unmet need for accessible, high-quality and behavioral health services
- MercyOne is a connected health system of more than a dozen medical centers and 400+ ambulatory sites dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of Central Iowa and its communities
- MercyOne, formerly Mercy Health Network, is parented by Catholic Health Initiatives and Trinity Health, two of the nation’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations
- As one of Iowa’s largest employers, MercyOne employs more than 20,000 employees and operates 3,200 licensed patient beds system-wide
- As Iowa's capital city, Des Moines is a hub of government action, business activity, arts, and cultural affairs.
- This city of 645,000 offers some of the nation’s best schools, great public services, and safe, friendly communities.
- Des Moines offers many attractions, from the Iowa State Capitol building and the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden to Blank Park Zoo and the Iowa State Fair, there’s no shortage of year-round entertainment.