Seeking a Proactive, Community-Driven Leader to Serve as Vice President of Operations in the Detroit Lakes Market for Essentia Health
- The Vice President of Operations provides strategic and operational management of the medical campus in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, to include the acute care hospital, clinic, and nursing home.
- The VP will partner with key leaders to address campus-wide and community-wide healthcare needs and services, while aligning with system-wide initiatives.
- This leader will focus on building relationships with physicians, attracting patients to the Detroit Lakes facilities, pursuing business development opportunities, and the overall improvement of daily operations.
- Requires Master’s degree plus at least five years of healthcare management experience at the Director level or above.
- Essentia Health St. Mary’s-Detroit Lakes is part of Essentia Health, an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Idaho. The system lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 15 hospitals, 77 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
- Essentia Health St. Mary’s-Detroit is a 34-bed hospital and Level III Trauma Center that includes an emergency room, birthing center, and surgical services.
- The hospital is Joint Commission accredited and is in the same building as the Essentia Health St. Mary’s-Detroit Lakes Clinic, creating a team-oriented approach to a patient’s continuum of care.
- Located three hours from Minneapolis, Detroit Lakes is in the lake country of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 400 lakes within 25 miles of the city.
- Detroit Lakes offers small town hospitality with all the amenities you need and activities and events throughout the four seasons for residents to enjoy all the beauty of the area.
- Adventures abound in Detroit Lakes, including a one-mile long sand beach, the nation’s longest hiking trail North Country National Scenic Trail, and a 350-acre area recreation area and mountains for skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and more.