System Medical Director of Orthopedic Service Line & Department Chair, Orthopedic Surgery
Based in Detroit, this physician executive will provide strategic leadership for all HFH inpatient and outpatient Orthopedic Surgery and Clinical services.
- Leads strategic growth for the department and the service line.
- Focuses on high quality, best outcomes and value-based care.
- Responsible for academic activities of all physicians within the Orthopedic Service Line.
- Supported by an administrative dyad partner for the Orthopedic Service Line.
- 100 Providers in Department/120 Providers in Service Line/impressive service line net revenues.
- Reports to the Chief Clinical Officer and to the Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health.
- Faculty appointments are available through Michigan State University or Wayne State University.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must be collaborative and able to lead an efficient orthopedic surgery program and system-wide service line with the highest standards of clinical outcomes in large, complex health environment. Successful Chair candidates will be recognized as outstanding clinically active leaders in orthopedic surgery and will have an excellent track record in clinical care, research and teaching. Additional attributes include:
- Leadership experience within an integrated care system that includes multiple hospitals, and a pluralistic medical staff.
- M.D./D.O. and Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery required.
Henry Ford Health is a $6.6 billion comprehensive, integrated and academic health system, providing both health care delivery and coverage, as well as a robust research and medical education and training program. With 33,000+ team members and 6,000+ physicians, the health system delivers exceptional and compassionate care at its 10 acute and specialty care facilities, a destination cancer care facility, a destination sports medicine facility, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, and eye care facilities. HFH is currently in an era of major investment and growth. The new partnership with Michigan State University will expand MSU’s presence in Detroit through the development of a regional campus, located within the Henry Ford Hospital campus footprint, helping to provide greater access to exceptional health care.
Detroit is enjoying an amazing renaissance, including urban renewal and significant infrastructure upgrades. Michigan is more than a great place to work and do business. Few other states offer the geographical diversity and range of activities of Michigan, and the state’s two peninsulas are surrounded by four Great Lakes, boasting more freshwater shoreline than anywhere else in the nation.