Seeking a Director of Finance to join Codman Square Health Center located in the heart of Boston!
- The Director of Finance will oversee the department staff within the areas of finance, grant management, purchasing, facilities, and payroll including 3 direct reports and revenue management.
- Manage grant cycle, review grant budget, and ensure compliance in grant revenue recognition as well as maintain communication with each grant and cost center to provide current financial position.
- Provide business support to offsite locations and act as a liaison as it pertains to new business development and site expansion.
- Responsible for managing business partner expectations and navigating employee department dynamics.
- Ideal candidates will be transformative, strategic leaders with a strong ability to bring complex teams together as well as excellent analytical and written skills.
- 10 years+ of broad financial and operations management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Codman Square Health Center is a community-based, outpatient health care and multi-service center in the heart of Dorchester.
- Codman offers comprehensive care for the whole family, including primary, eye, dental, urgent, and behavioral health care, as well as many medical specialties.
- They opened their doors in 1979 with a dream: to build the best urban community in America. As part of this dream, they recognized that though health care begins by alleviating sickness, the journey to a true “culture of health” is achieved through the health of the whole person and community.
- Today, they are home to a staff of more than 300 multi-lingual and multi-cultural expert clinicians, medical staff and employees, most of whom reside in the neighborhoods surrounding Codman Square.
- Codman boasts more than 115,000 client contacts each year and have developed an astounding depth and breadth of community programs, as well as strong partnerships with other organizations in order to meet their mission most efficiently.
- From Upham's Corner to Ashmont, Fields Corner to Four Corners, Dorchester offers bustling commercial districts alongside public parks, beautiful murals, and ethnic cuisine, including some of the best Vietnamese and Caribbean food in Boston.
- Dorchester is a historic neighborhood of over 6 square miles. The town was founded by Puritans who emigrated from Dorchester, England in 1630. Boston's largest neighborhood by far, is today sometimes nicknamed "Dot" by its residents.
- Explore Dorchester, Boston's largest and oldest neighborhood and home to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, Franklin Park Zoo, the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the US Senate and Commonwealth Museum.
- Delicious restaurants such as 224 Boston Street Restaurant, dbar, and the Freeport Tavern also call Dorchester home.