Take on a new career challenge as the System Director of Performance Improvement for Penn Highland Healthcare
- The System Director of Performance Improvement will work with key leaders to integrate Lean principles into operational processes and deliver change, improvement and growth for the Penn Highlands Health network.
- This leader reports to the Chief Quality Officer and Transformation Officer, who is one of six members providing expertise on the National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) Board.
- Oversee high-level performance improvement initiatives that will strengthen quality, safety and patient experience, while reducing costs, minimizing risk, monitoring outcomes and complying with regulatory standards.
- Top priorities for the Director include data management to identify opportunities for streamlining and optimization, as well as coordinating Lean training and workplace application across the organization.
- Experience with Lean improvement techniques including 5S, Pull Systems, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Flow Systems, Jidoka, A3.
- Must have previous leadership experience over quality, performance management or process improvement initiatives in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelors degree required with a Masters preferred.
- Project Manager certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma background preferred.
- Penn Highlands Healthcare provides residents with access to the region's best hospitals, physicians, a nursing home, home care agency and other affiliates who believe that healthcare should be managed by local board members who live and work in the communities they serve. Each facility is the largest employer in its hometown and is rooted deeply in both the popular and economic culture of their communities.
- With 705 inpatient beds (hospital and long-term care), close to 5,000 employees, and 500+ physicians, Penn Highlands Healthcare’s care covers a 34-county service area and is continually expanding.
- Through its five hospitals – Penn Highlands Brookville, Penn Highlands Clearfield, Penn Highlands DuBois, Penn Highlands Elk and Penn Highlands Huntingdon – Penn Highlands Healthcare strives to provide exceptional quality, safety and service.
- DuBois is located in the midst of the beautiful rolling hills of Pennsylvania.
- Centrally located between top destination spots, DuBois is two hours from Pittsburgh, three hours from Cleveland, and four-and-a-half hours from Washington, D.C. and New York City.
- Heavy forests blanket the mountaintops of DuBois’ two-county region near the Allegheny National Forest. Local woodlands conceal a multitude of lakes and five state parks. There’s no shortage of camping, hiking, canoeing, and outdoor activities.