Join Duke University Hospital, A Magnet and Top-Ranked Facility in North Carolina, as Assistant Vice President of Patient Experience!
- The Assistant Vice President of Patient Experience will lead the strategic development and delivery of evidence based, best in class experiences for patients and their loved ones at Duke University Hospital.
- Oversight is approximately 70 FTEs to include patient relations, volunteer services, medical interpreters, and decedent care.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this service-oriented leader will consistently utilize data and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the hospital and health system to ensure the highest quality patient experience framework with a focus on innovation, learning, and staff development.
- Must bring 7+ years of relevant patient/customer relations experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Master’s degree required.
- Patient Experience Certification preferred.
- Duke University Hospital is the flagship of Duke University Health System, which is a world-class health care network that includes three hospitals, outpatient facilities, 70+ primary and specialty care clinics, rehabilitation programs, and home health and hospice services.
- Founded in 1925, Duke University Hospital is a full-service, 957-bed, three million square foot tertiary and quaternary academic medical center.
- Duke University Hospital is a Magnet accredited facility that is consistently ranked as one of the best hospitals in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. In 2019-2020, Duke University Hospital was ranked nationally in 10 adult specialties by U.S. News and World Report.
- Durham, North Carolina, is the 4th most populous city in the state, home of Duke University.
- Durham hosts many activities throughout the year including the annual Bull Durham Blues Festival, the American Dance Festival, and the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
- Just a little over two hours from Charlotte, an hour and 20 minutes from Winston-Salem, 30 minutes from Raleigh, Durham is in a prime location to explore the many cities North Carolina has to offer.
- The Duke University Men’s basketball team is widely popular throughout the country. Known as the Cameron Crazies, fans come from all around to cheer on the highly successful squad that’s won five NCAA championships.