Serve as the Department Lead and Drive Strategic Initiatives as the New Director of Case Management at South Texas Health System Edinburg!
- Reporting directly to the CFO, the Director of Case Management provides operational and strategic oversight to the Department to include approximately 13 FTE’s covering case management and social work.
- This collaborative leader must partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive initiatives around length of stay, readmissions, and patient satisfaction metrics.
- The Director will utilize best practices and relevant data to evaluate the department and identify improvement areas.
- Seeking a leader with a working knowledge of value-based purchasing and discharge planning software.
- Must bring 8+ years of case management experience, at least three of which are in a leadership role in an acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Texas RN or hold a compact RN license.
- If RN, must have and maintain a current BLS certification.
- South Texas Health System Edinburg in Edinburg, Texas is an acute care hospital that is constantly evolving to meet a growing region need for quality healthcare by combining advanced technologies with concern for patient care and comfort.
- South Texas Health System Edinburg is a four-story patient tower licensed to operate 127 beds on floors designated for medical, telemetry and surgery. The hospital is fully equipped and technologically advanced yet small enough to give you the individual attention you need.
- In collaboration with the South Texas Health System, patients have access to more than 100 physicians and mid-level providers who offer a range of medical services, advanced technology and diagnostic testing to help patients find proper treatment and a chance at a better outcome.
- South Texas Health System is a network of five acute care hospitals and one behavioral health hospital, all together providing care for patients throughout Southern Texas.
- All six acute care facilities have received Joint Commission accreditation and offer a comprehensive range of healthcare services including cardiovascular, maternity and women’s health, and more. Three of the system's hospitals were awarded an ‘A’ in the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- South Texas Health System was the first designated Level lll Trauma Center in Hidalgo County.
- Edinburg has all the charm of a small town combined with the amenities of a bigger city, as it is part of a metropolitan statistical area that includes over 1.2 million residents spread across two counties.
- The area is ideal for raising a family, offering short commute times, great public schools, a low cost of living, and a very close-knit sense of community.
- Edinburg is serviced by a regional airport that is well connected to the national hubs in Dallas and Houston.
- South Texas is an outdoors enthusiast’s paradise, with easy access to world-class hunting and fishing. South Padre Island is also just over a one hour drive from Edinburg.