Take your talents to ‘The Sun City’ where you'll become Assistant Administrator of Critical Care.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer the Assistant Administrator of Critical Care, directs, coordinates, monitors, promotes and evaluates in all the components of the Neurosurgical and Adult Medical/Surgical Critical Care Services in collaboration with the medical directors and managers.
- Coordinates aspects and activities to include initiatives related to the development and maintenance of a Neurosciences Center of Excellence in collaboration with Texas Tech Neurology Department.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to promote teamwork, cooperation, and commitment to mutual goals.
- Contract development/negotiation preferred.
- Physician contracting and business plan/contract development and negotiation experience preferred.
- Seven years progressive Nursing Healthcare Management/Supervisory experience required, with a strong background in critical care and/or emergency.
- Current Texas or compact RN license required (will allow time for candidates needing to apply for the license if they are looking to relocate).
- Current CPR training program.
- CCRN or CEN preferred, ATCN and/or TNCC and ACLS preferred.
- Bachelors and Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administrative, or related field required.
- Nursing Executive Leadership certification preferred within two years of being in the position.
- University Medical Center of El Paso is a 395-bed, Level I Trauma and teaching facility connected with Texas Tech University School of Medicine in El Paso, Texas
- Together, UMC El Paso and Texas Tech provide the only academic healthcare setting in the West Texas and southern New Mexico regions
- The perioperative department at UMC El Paso handles more than 7,000 cases annually and the Emergency Department sees 61,000 visits
- El Paso, located in West Texas, boasts a very favorable cost of living and a mild climate that produces over 300 days of sunshine each year
- The city is never short of entertainment - proudly boasting museums, a zoo, four national parks, music and dance festivals, and sporting events
- More than 70 Fortune 500 companies have offices in El Paso, a testament to the area’s diversified economy