System VP, Service Lines opportunity in Colorado!
The Vice President, Service Lines will be responsible for advancing Centura as the leading choice of care for Heart & Vascular, Trauma, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Neurosciences Services. The role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Centura Health System and have a Dyad Partner who is the Chief Clinical Officer of Centura Health System. The VP, Service Lines will actively collaborate across the enterprise to bring our strategic vision to action in these areas. All functions of this position will be in support of the delivery of quality care and achievement of regionally and nationally recognized programs. This executive will be accountable to position Centura Health as the premier caregiver for our patients and the clear market leader having demonstrable impact on a healthier Colorado and Kansas.
The VP, Service Lines will be a strong operational leader. We are seeking a candidate with significant experience in developing and translating strategy into action across a complex, horizontally and vertically integrated health system. The VP, Service Lines will have a proven track record in building strong operational processes, with the goal to achieve excellence in patient experience, quality and safety in each of the five Service Lines. This role requires an experienced, passionate and charismatic leader to lead by influence, collaborate with hospital CEOs and Group Presidents, stakeholders and providers across the Enterprise to deliver on these aspirations.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader with a demonstrated ability to take a defined vision and lead a team through specific tactics to bring ideas to reality. An advanced degree in healthcare or a business-related field is required. The ideal candidate would have hospital leadership experience, particularly in an organization with a reputation for successful Service Line programming that covers the entire continuum of care (community services, outpatient diagnostics and treatment, inpatient medical and surgical care, tertiary level services). Vital to the VP, Service Line’s success will be the ability to develop strong relationships, particularly with physicians, and work well with multiple partners across collaborative services, regional referral sources, organizational partners and the system leadership.
Centura Health is the Rocky Mountain and Central Plains regional health care leader. The health system generates $3.8 billion in annual net revenue, serves 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, home care and hospice services and Flight For Life® Colorado, along with an extensive network of providers across Colorado and western Kansas. Centura Health is focused on connecting Coloradans and Kansans to affordable, world-class care through an integrated network. Approximately 21,000 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available to propel their healing legacy into the future of whole health.
Founded in 1996 by two Sponsors, CommonSpirit and AdventHealth, Centura Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare network formed by a Joint Operating Agreement (JOA). Centura’s collective Values reflect the holistic care and wellness approach of the Adventists, along with the Catholic tradition of caring for the underserved. Centura Health 21,000+ mission-centered professionals share our ministry and are guided by our Mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
Centura Health consists of three groups - two Regional Operating Groups and the Physician Alignment Group, housing the employed medical group and service agreements with independent provider groups. One Regional Operating Group spans Greater Colorado (outside of Denver) and western Kansas, while the other is based in the Denver Metro area.
- A Master's degree in Business, Health Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- Significant experience as a healthcare operational leader, ability to build multidisciplinary programs and a record of accomplishment of progressive leadership in the last ten years. Ideally, the candidate will have hospital leadership experience in an organization with a reputation for successful Service Line programming that covers the entire continuum of care (community services, outpatient diagnostics and treatment, inpatient medical and surgical care, tertiary level services).
- A record of demonstrable success working collaboratively and through influence within a highly matrixed reporting structure in a complex healthcare system.
- Demonstrated record of talent attraction, staff retention and leadership development, as well as building successful teams.
- Substantial experience in building specialty care programs with physician leaders.
- Strong preference for those with prior experience in an integrated multi-hospital health system and a faith-based environment.
- A track record which suggests the ability to navigate and leverage relationships within Centura Health for the purposes of articulating and building the system's competitive advantage through delivering the system’s aims of quality, cost, patient experience, physician and associate engagement, and commitment to the communities served.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.