Less than two hours from Denver, head to the ever-popular mountain town of Estes Park, Colorado, where you'll join a critical access hospital as the new Director of Laboratory
- The Director of Laboratory serves as the administrative lead and expert resource for the department, overseeing accreditation, staff performance, succession planning, compliance, process improvements and overall operations
- The Director will streamline policies and procedures to ensure quality controls, calibrations and supplies can accommodate demands during low and high volume seasons
- Key goals for this leader include preparing for CAP survey, providing stability, mentoring employees, strengthening a positive team-oriented culture and assessing the current staffing structure
- Scope of responsibility includes ten employees and a lab that runs 120-180 lab tests daily
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related discipline
- Requires 2+ years in hospital laboratory management and relevant certifications such as MT, CLS or CLDir
- Master’s preferred
- Estes Park Health is a 23-bed critical access hospital and Level IV Trauma Center with a 24-hour ED, 24-hour ambulance service, medical-surgical, OB, home health and hospice services.
- This not-for-profit hospital consistently posts quality scores that are well above the national and state averages.
- Living Center, the 52-bed skilled nursing facility, is currently ranked as one of the best nursing homes in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report.
- Estes Park, Colorado is located in the historic Estes Valley at the front gates of one of America’s great treasures: beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park, which hosts over four million visitors each year.
- Offering year-round access to world-class outdoors activities including skiing, hiking, camping, boating, and fishing, Estes Park is home to a plethora of outdoor activities.
- Just a bit over 90 minutes from the heart of Denver, Estes Park offers easy access to big city dining, entertainment, and shopping amenities.
- Hit the slopes during your free time! Estes Park is less than three hours from nationally-recognized ski resort locations such as Breckenridge and Vail.