Seeking Physician Leader for Interim Chief Medical Officer Role Over Multiple Campuses in California!
- The Interim Chief Medical Officer will serve as the executive physician leader for two acute care campuses.
- Primary focus areas of the Interim Chief Medical Officer include leading the improvement of metrics around patient satisfaction, quality, safety, and provider/caregiver engagement scores.
- Must bring 7+ years of experience as a practicing physician.
- Seeking physician who has experience with leading clinical quality improvement, medical management functions, and the development of physician leadership for a hospital.
- MD or DO and active medical license in any state required.
- Healthcare management certification preferred.
- Situated along the spectacular Northern California coastline 280 miles north of San Francisco, the City of Eureka is one of California’s best-kept secrets.
- The city is bordered on one side by beautiful and functional Humboldt Bay, and on the other by mountains lush with giant redwoods which offer a reminder of the area’s rich logging heritage.
- A variety of cultural opportunities are available in Eureka, including active artisan, arts, and theater groups.
- Outdoor recreation is abundant with activities such as boating, sport fishing, kayaking, hunting, birding and backpacking all available nearby.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!