Join a Magnet-designated hospital as the Director of Emergency Services in Exeter, a quaint, picturesque New England city near the beach and Boston
- The Director serves as the clinical leader for the Emergency Department that sees close to 30,000 annual visits, delivering a patient care experience that meets the highest standards of service, safety, and quality.
- Oversight for 60+ FTEs, including paramedics, trauma, education, and stroke services. Additionally, the Director will develop strategies around driving superior clinical, financial, human resource, customer service, and patient flow and throughput performance.
- Seeking a leader with demonstrated success in empowering teams and who will prioritize employee communication, recruitment, retention, and continuous development.
- The Director reports to the VP of Acute Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer and is a high-level, collaborative member of the hospital’s nursing leadership team. This leader will partner closely with the department’s Medical Director and providers, as well as acute care teams across the organization, to develop hospital-wide processes and workflows.
- Must bring significant clinical leadership experience related to Emergency Services.
- BSN and active Registered Nursing license required. Master’s degree and advanced certification (e.g., CEN) preferred.
- As a 100-bed community hospital serving New Hampshire’s Seacoast Region, Exeter Hospital’s scope of care includes comprehensive services in breast health, birthing and reproductive medicine, cardiovascular, occupational and employee health, oncology, orthopaedics, and emergency care. Throughout its 120-year history, Exeter Hospital has endeavored to provide the highest possible level of care to all of its patients.
- Exeter Hospital is an affiliate of Exeter Health Resources, which also includes the Rockingham Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice and the Core Physicians group.
- A Magnet-designated hospital, Exeter Hospital was recently recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Regional” hospital in the state of New Hampshire while also earning a high ranking for the metro Boston area.
- Exeter Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center and has achieved Acute Stroke Ready certification through DNV GL Healthcare. Exeter Hospital’s clinical collaboration with MassGeneral for Children, a nationally recognized leader in pediatric services, brings world class care to the Emergency Department. Additional clinical partnerships include Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dartmouth-Hitchcock, providing access to leading medical organizations that enable the hospital to provide advanced care close to home.
- Boasting tree-lined streets and a wealth of historical architecture, Exeter, New Hampshire, is a picturesque river town about 10 miles inland from the coast and Hampton Beach. It is ideally situated 50 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts, and 50 miles south of Portland, Maine.
- Exeter locals enjoy all four seasons with flowers in the spring, beaches, festivals and farmers markets in the summer, beautiful fall foliage and a beer and chili festival in autumn, and the classic New England winters.
- Visitors and residents alike can step back in time at the American Independence Museum or the annual Revolutionary War Festival, meander down Water Street and browse its boutiques, pick up fresh produce at the seasonal farmers’ market, or relax by the Squamscott River.
- You’ll discover a high quality of life and genuine dedication to education, as Exeter is home to one of the premier preparatory institutions in the world, Phillips Exeter Academy, as well as a highly ranked public school system compared to the rest of the state.