Seeking a Director of Accounting to join St. John’s Episcopal Hospital in city located just 20 minutes from Manhattan - Far Rockaway, NY!
- The Director of Accounting Participates with other senior management to address, interpret, resolve and monitor a broad and diverse range of financial, operational and strategic issues.
- Contributes to the overall management of the organization by driving key strategies and financial performance as a member of the leadership team.
- Must possess knowledge of the healthcare environment and key issues associated with hospitals, ambulatory care and physician alignment.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strong hospital finance background; Reimbursement experience preferred.
- Must bring significant previous experience in financial management with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or related field required.
- St. John’s Episcopal Hospital is the only full-service acute care hospital on the Rockaway Peninsula.
- St. John’s is a 240-bed community hospital affiliated with Episcopal Health Services and is comprised of more than 400 physicians and 1,500 employees.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, St. John’s Episcopal Hospital is a New York State Designated Stroke Center and has recently been recognized for healthcare quality by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- The facility is an active and growing provider of comprehensive medical surgical, emergency, and diagnostic services for residents of The Rockaways, The Five Towns, Southern, Queens, and Southwestern Nassau County.
- St. John’s is a teaching hospital, training over 180 residents annually in 10 Graduate Medical Education Programs accredited by the New York State Department of Education.
- Far Rockaway is nestled on the Rockaway Peninsula in the New York City borough of Queens and is located just north of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Sitting just over 20 miles from Manhattan, the town offers easy access to world-class shopping and dining, professional sports teams, and unrivaled entertainment options.
- Just minutes away from beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, residents enjoy surfing, swimming, or jet skiing at Jacob Riis Park and can see the famous Art Deco bathhouse – a staple of New York history.