Seeking Strong Communicator and Collaborator as the New Interim Chief Medical Officer!
- The Interim Chief Medical Officer will serve as a collaborative and transformative leader for a 70-bed hospital with approximately 530 FTE’s.
- Responsible for working with the MD’s to improve productivity, continuously expand on engagement plan and initiatives, as well as work to develop trust that promotes trust in administration and future vision.
- Ideal candidates will have previous experience in managing MD productivity and accountability as well as ED, Primary Care, or hospitalist background.
- MD or DO required.
- Must be willing to start within two weeks upon acceptance.
- Maine is a land full of beauty that inspires, and the culture is deeply rooted in the creative process – from finding ways to turn the once frowned-upon lobster into the state icon, to building a perfect boat, arts and culture thrive in every region.
- In Maine, roadside farm stands and weekly farmers markets are a beloved staple of everyday life. It’s not uncommon to still find unmanned cash boxes, dependent on the honor system.
- Mainers enjoy their craft, whether in one of Portland’s highly acclaimed restaurants, or one of the 100+ craft breweries throughout the state. Follow the Maine Beer Trail, visit one of Maine’s wineries or distilleries, or just find a corner pub and settle in.
- Nothing is more emblematic of Maine than the more than 60 historic lighthouses scattered along its coast.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!