Join an Alabama hospital recognized as one of the “World’s Best Hospitals” as its new Chief Nurse Executive
- The Assistant Administrator, Patient Care Services serves as the medical center’s Chief Nurse Executive with operational, clinical, and strategic leadership for all nursing and patient care services.
- Oversight departments include inpatient and outpatient nursing, surgery, nurse anesthetists, emergency, imaging, cardiac rehabilitation, pharmacy, laboratory, respiratory care, and infection control/employee health.
- Reporting to the Administrator, the Assistant Administrator will have a team of direct reports that include clinical directors and managers and will be responsible for employee hiring, development, and performance management.
- Seeking a clinically strong leader to employ evidence-based best practices, drive exceptional patient safety and quality of care outcomes, and invest into the community and effectively engage with the organization’s board.
- Additional responsibility areas include fiscal management, productivity standards, short- and long-range planning, regulatory compliance, and aligning the departments’ structure with business needs.
- Must bring 5+ years of nursing experience, including in a leadership capacity.
- Active RN license and Master’s degree required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be in nursing.
- Since 1958, Fayette Medical Center has served the people of Fayette County and is a member of DCH Health System. The health system includes three hospitals and 800+ acute patient care beds, in addition to 122 nursing home beds and nearly 5,000 total employees.
- Fayette Medical Center consists of a 61-bed hospital and a 122-bed long-term care facility, which achieved a five-star rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services in 2019, placing FMC in the top 6.5 percent of the nation’s 4,500 hospitals.
- In 2021, Fayette Medical Center was one of only four Alabama hospitals to be recognized on Newsweek’s list of the World’s Best Hospitals.
- Fayette Medical Center provides acute medical care and features an eight-bed intensive care unit and five-suite surgical department with a large, centrally monitored recovery area. In addition to general surgery and advanced endoscopic procedures, weekly eye surgery and orthopedic surgery are performed by surgeons from DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa.
- Fayette, Alabama is a close-knit community of close to 5,000 residents that is located thirty minutes from the college town of Northport, Alabama, and about one hour from both Tuscaloosa and Birmingham and less than four hours from Atlanta.
- The Fayette Art Museum and Civic Center features gallery, large event, and performance spaces. The facility contains more than 3,500 pieces of art, many of which were created by local folk artists such as Fayette natives Jimmy Lee Sudduth, Lois Wilson, Benjamin Perkins, and Sybil Gibson.
- The Fayette County Depot Museum, housed in a historic train station, interprets the city's and county's history. Every August, the museum hosts an annual arts festival. Guthrie Smith Park, a 100-acre facility, offers visitors athletic fields, picnic areas, walking trails, and a 10-acre lake.
- Within 45 minutes is both Lake Lurleen, a 1,625-acre park and scenic lakeside retreat, and Lake Tuscaloosa, a popular destination for boating, swimming, and fishing.