Augusta Health, an innovative patient-focused organization, is seeking their newest Director of Clinical Operations, Oncology/Hematology, to join them in this exciting opportunity in Fishersville, Virginia!
- The Director of Clinical Operations, Oncology/Hematology, will be responsible for operations, administration, and strategic planning as it pertains to nursing practices throughout the Cancer Center for Augusta Health.
- Reporting to the Administrative Director, Cancer Program, the Director will oversee approximately 55 FTEs while facilitating outpatient operations within the Cancer Center including nine ambulatory infusion chairs, and 13 chemo-infusion chairs.
- The Director will collaborate closely with physicians, nursing staff, and executive leaders throughout the facility to standardize, maintain, and enhance patient experience within the Oncology program while upholding the mission, philosophy, and standards implemented by Augusta Health to deliver optimal patient care.
- This leader will work closely with the Medical Director of Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, and the Administrative Director to develop strategic plans for continuous improvement for Augusta Health Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders including streamlining new methodologies, clinical services, and engagement projects.
- Seeking a hands-on leader who will be willing to provide administrative and/or clinical support to staff members when necessary and will strive to provide nursing staff with ongoing training and education initiatives.
- The Director must strive to provide a positive work environment while establishing good workflow communication, encouraging high morale, and maintaining positive employee engagement rates throughout the department.
- The Director must be an emotionally intelligent leader who will be able to effectively lead the nursing staff by implementing changes that will allow for additional professional development. This includes holding staff members accountable for adhering to initiatives implanted by Augusta Health as they pertain to ongoing organizational and operational development.
- BSN degree is required; MSN is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Oncology experience is required.
- Active compact RN license is required.
- 3+ years of management experience within an Oncology and/or acute care setting is required.
- Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located on a 230-acre campus in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley.
- This 255-bed community hospital in Fishersville, Virginia offers highly trained physicians, state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional level of patient care.
- Becker’s Hospital Review for “100 Great Community Hospitals” recognized Augusta Health’s quality, patient satisfaction and overall excellence for eight years straight.
- Augusta Health has received the Healthgrades 2018 America's 50 Best Hospitals Award, marking the fourth consecutive year that Augusta Health has been awarded this recognition for clinical quality.
- The hospital maintains nationally accredited chest pain center and breast center programs.
- Augusta Health employs an integrated multispecialty group, Augusta Medical Group (AMG), comprised of approximately 200 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Augusta Health has been recognized as a Best Regional Hospital in the Shenandoah Valley for 2020-2021.
- The Community
- Fishersville is a small town roughly 30 minutes outside Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The Fishersville community includes Augusta County and the cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. Approximately 122,000 people live in the Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro region, and more than 200,000 in the entire service area of Augusta Health.
- The Shenandoah Valley is one of the most scenic in the U.S. with the Blue Ridge Mountains at its eastern border and the Allegheny Mountains, including the Great North Mountain, at its western border.
- Cultural options include community and professional theatre, musical performing arts, historic sites, museums, libraries, art galleries and artisan centers.