Interim to Permanent Lab Director Opportunity at Hospital in Orange County, California!
- The Interim Lab Director will oversee the overall operations of the laboratory sections at a hospital. Oversight is 24/7 but work shift will primarily be 8:00am-5:00pm.
- This position has the opportunity for interim to permanent.
- Focus areas include initiating review of feasibilities for new technical methods, procedures, equipment, and functions, as well as managing outside vendor contracts.
- This collaborative leader will regularly report progress up to the VP of Operations and partner closely with departments across the hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree and California CLS required.
- 3+ years of recent leadership experience in an acute care laboratory and Master’s degree preferred.
- Fountain Valley is a suburban city located in Orange County, California.
- Located only 30 minutes from the Los Angeles Airport gives residents easy access to transportation.
- On average, there are 276 sunny days per year with temperatures ranging from low of 45 in the winter to high 80s in summer, making this a very comfortable climate.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!