Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking an experienced leader to join them as their new Director of Perioperative Services in beautiful Fredericksburg, Virginia!
- The Director of Perioperative Services is accountable for the direction of management, clinical and quality initiatives, in addition to justification and utilization of resources needed for patient care delivery at Mary Washington Hospital.
- Oversight includes 15 OR Suites, PreOp/PACU, PAT, Endoscopy, Same-Day-Surgery and the SPD departments.
- Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Clinical Operations, this leader will oversee a team of three direct reports, and 118 FTEs.
- This leader will work alongside HR on recruitment and retention initiatives in order to properly staff the department. They will also be asked to evaluate technology being used, and identify new/better tools for future use. Lastly, this leader will be expected to optimize department operations by implementing process improvement initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, visible leader with excellent communication and team building skills. Must be personable, and approachable but firm and capable of having critical conversations.
- BSN required. Master’s strongly preferred.
- Active RN license required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience and 8 years’ experience in a clinical healthcare setting required.
- Founded in 1899, Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) is a 471-bed regional medical center located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and offers 50+ healthcare facilities and wellness services for their community.
- As part of Mary Washington Healthcare, Stafford Hospital is a 100-bed hospital, and is a Joint Commission-accredited community hospital that values their longstanding commitment to caring for their communities.
- Both Mary Washington Healthcare as well as Stafford Hospital is accredited by more than one-dozen associations within numerous specialties, and are accredited by The Joint Commission, and strive to emphasize the importance of patient safety, performance improvement, medical support, and nursing excellence throughout MWHC. MWHCs mission is to enhance the quality of life throughout their community as the look to improve access to healthcare services, enhance the overall health of the community, advance medical knowledge, and implement non-profit community efforts to relive the financial burdens of their patients.
- Fredericksburg is tucked along the East Coast, sitting midway between Richmond, Virginia and Washington, D.C. offering a mix of both urban and rural lifestyles.
- With a rich history, dating back to before the Civil War, Fredericksburg has plenty of historical attractions that will whisk you away to another time, including George Washington’s childhood home, Civil War battlefields, and the Trail to Freedom.
- The region boasts over 600 dining options, top-rated golf courses, local wineries, and specialty boutiques, antique shops, and art galleries found in Old Town Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg, Virginia, offers 37 public school districts in addition to 18 private schools, serving a total of approximately 28,284 students. In addition, Fredericksburg is home to both University of Mary Washington, and Eastern Virginia Career college.