Seeking Leader With Strong Accounting Background to Serve as Controller for Saint Agnes Medical Center in Fresno, California, a Location Consistently Named as One of the Country’s Best Cities to Live!
- The Controller will lead the financial performance, including overseeing all accounting and payroll functions, at Saint Agnes Medical Center, a 436-bed campus.
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will train and mentor the facility’s accounting staff and will serve as a visible financial leader at the hospital and health system levels.
- Responsibility areas include generating financial reports for organizational leadership, implementing lean processes for the department, identifying financial growth strategies, maintaining strong internal controls, and monitoring monthly capital performance.
- Must bring 8+ years of accounting or finance-related leadership experience in a healthcare setting, as well as a strong understanding of hospital accounting, revenue cycle, payors, and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or CPA certification required.
- Saint Agnes Medical Center is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation that serves more than 30 million people across 22 states with 92 hospitals and 125,000+ employees.
- With a history dating back to 1929, Saint Agnes Medical Center is a 436-bed, state-of-the-art medical center campus that brings together the most advanced equipment and facilities, and the expertise of top-ranked physicians and staff.
- U.S. News & World Report named Saint Agnes Medical Center as one of Best Regional Hospitals in California in its 2018-19 rankings. The medical center has also recently been recognized by Healthgrades as Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety and as a leading hospital in the nation in the areas of neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, and cardiac care.
- Fresno, California, sits at the center of the San Joaquin Valley, two hours to the coast and equidistant (60 miles) from Yosemite National Park and Kings Canyon National Park.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Fresno on their annual Best Places to Live in America list for 2019.
- In the heart of California, Fresno offers the luxuries of a big city paired with breathtaking natural scenery and is the #1 county in the nation for agricultural production.