Opportunity in Texas leading Faculty Group Practice as Vice President and Chief Physician Executive.
Today there is an opportunity for an extraordinary leader to take UTMB to the next level. After 11 successful years leading the Faculty Group Practice as Vice President and Chief Physician Executive(VP & CPE), Dr. Rex McCallum has stepped down and UTMB is conducting a national search for his successor. As the leader of a 982-person medical group with over $250 million in revenue, the next VP & CPE will develop the strategy for the faculty group practice (Medical Service, Research and Development Plan or MSRDP) and assist in the development and execution of the strategy for the overall clinical enterprise.
- Develops the strategy for the faculty group practice (Medical Service, Research and Development Plan or MSRDP) and assists in the development and execution of the Strategy for the overall clinical enterprise.
- Facilitates the development and deployment of strategic business plans to ensure care delivery operations are patient-centered, service-oriented, effective, and efficient.
- Collaborates with the UTMB Faculty Group Practice Clinical Operations Committee and UTMB Health System executive team in shaping the strategic direction and operational imperatives of the group practice in coordination with the overall UTMB strategic plan and goals.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and business planning, long range financial planning, budgeting, and financial reporting in a complex, highly competitive health care marketplace.
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated collaborative skills with the ability to create mutually productive, respectful & trusting connections internally & externally.
- MD is required with preferred Master’s degree in business, healthcare or health administration-related discipline.
The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) is one of the leading research-intensive academic health centers in the nation. Along with a uniquely important role in Texas history as the state’s first medical school, it is investing in continued movement toward becoming one of the very best, nationally recognized for the quality and reach of its clinical care and its research. The UTMB of today is a four-campus, $2.5 billion modern health care system with over 3,400 students and over 970 faculty in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions, as well as a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.