Hospital Near Boston Seeking its Next Director to Lead the Emergency Department and Drive Key Strategic Initiatives!
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director will provide operational and strategic oversight to the Emergency Department that averages 23,000+ annual visits.
- Seeking a collaborative leader to prioritize staff development, support an upcoming EMR change, and continue to foster a culture that is centered around high quality care and patient satisfaction.
- Must bring 5+ years of relevant nursing leadership experience, preferably in a small or medium sized hospital and community.
- Union experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and a completed or in progress Master’s degree required.
- RN required. Must possess or be willing to obtain an active Massachusetts RN license.
- Heywood Hospital is a non-profit community-owned hospital licensed for 134 bed hospital and is a member of the Heywood Healthcare system that serves north central Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.
- With 1,000+ employees and 200+ physicians, Heywood Hospital provides a broad range of high quality medical, orthopedic, bariatric, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric and behavioral health services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The hospital’s Centers of Excellence include the Watkins Center for Emergency and Acute Care; the LaChance Maternity Center; the Diabetes Center, and the Heywood Heart and Vascular Center.
- Heywood Hospital was named to Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals, one of fewer than 250 to receive the prestigious accolade. The facility has also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and is the first hospital in Massachusetts to receive the Gold Level Go Clear Award for its achievement in eliminating hazardous smoke from its surgical procedures.
- Gardner, Massachusetts, is a historic city located in close proximity to major destination sites, including an hour from Boston and three hours from New York City.
- Home to Dunn State Park, Gardner Heritage State Park, and Lake Wampanoag Wildlife Sanctuary, Gardner also hosts Theatre at the Mount, which has been Central Massachusetts’ premier regional theatre presenting high-quality entertainment at affordable prices for more than 40 years.
- The city achieved international recognition as a major center for chair fabrication to the point that it became known as the "chair city of the world." A 20’ chair stands today as testimony to Gardner’s history in the chair manufacturing industry.