Lead Emergency Services as the next Director in an Award-Winning Hospital in the beautiful community of Gardner, Massachusetts
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Emergency Services will lead the department in building culture and focusing on a commitment to patient experience.
- The Director will bring significant Emergency Services experience, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves. This Director will have responsibility of the 20 bed Emergency Department and team of 90+ FTE’s.
- The Director of Emergency Services will implement strong planning around quality and employee satisfaction while fostering a culture around mentoring and coaching.
- Seeking a seasoned, adaptable, approachable, and detail-oriented leader who can effectively collaborate with all levels of leadership. The ideal leader will balance the emotional needs of the team with accountability and a focus on process improvement.
- The ideal candidate should have at least five years of leadership experience. Union experience highly preferred.
- Master’s degree required or currently enrolled in a Master’s program.
- Heywood Hospital is a 134-bed non-profit community-owned hospital and is a member of the Heywood Healthcare system that serves north central Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire by providing quality healthcare services.
- Heywood Hospital’s mission is to be the community’s trusted choice for exceptional patient centered care.
- With 1,000+ employees and 200+ physicians, Heywood Hospital provides a broad range of high quality medical, orthopedic, bariatric, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric and behavioral health services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The hospital’s Centers of Excellence include the Watkins Center for Emergency and Acute Care; the LaChance Maternity Center; the Diabetes Center; and the Heywood Heart and Vascular Center.
- Heywood Hospital was named to Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals, one of fewer than 250 to receive the prestigious accolade. The facility has also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and is the first hospital in Massachusetts to receive the Gold Level Go Clear Award for its achievement in eliminating hazardous smoke from its surgical procedures.
- Gardner, Massachusetts, is a historic city located in close proximity to major destination sites, including an hour from Boston and three hours from New York City.
- Gardner is a great city, that is growing fast and is located conveniently on route 2 creating an easy commute. Also, it has a great variety of restaurants, stores, and other city amenities, such as its own hospital and community college. Being one of the lowest costs of living cities in the state, it is close to the schools, has a moderate tax base, and is a quiet small city to live in.
- Home to Dunn State Park, Gardner Heritage State Park, and Lake Wampanoag Wildlife Sanctuary, Gardner also hosts Theatre at the Mount, which has been Central Massachusetts’ premier regional theatre presenting high-quality entertainment at affordable prices for more than 40 years.
- The city achieved international recognition as a major center for chair fabrication to the point that it became known as the "chair city of the world." A 20’ chair stands today as testimony to Gardner’s history in the chair manufacturing industry.