Great opportunity for an up and coming leader to serve as the Director of Perioperative Services at 2 Heywood Health organizations near Boston, MA.
- Supports the Vice President of Perioperative Services on both campuses, Heywood and Athol, with 80% of the focus at Athol and 20% at Heywood.
- The Director will gain understanding of current and future state compensation models as the organization shifts to a value-based environment; assess and communicate feasibility of new comp designs and methodologies for the long-term.
- Must have the ability to make tough decisions as well as simultaneously maintaining alignment with the facilities missions and values.
- Ideal candidates will bring experience with block scheduling and will have the ability to build trust with staff and surgeons.
- A good steward of resources/scheduling/people/contracts.
- Nursing background a must and Procedural/Endoscopy experience would be preferred for this role.
- The perfect candidate must have the ability to establish an environment of trust and respect in the department. Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians and advanced practice providers is a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in healthcare leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in related field.
- Heywood Hospital is a non-profit community-owned hospital licensed for 134 bed hospital, located in Gardner, Massachusetts.
- The Hospital is located forty-five minutes northwest of Worcester, and just over an hour from Boston.
- Heywood Health is governed by a local community Board of Trustees and has 1,000 employees on staff.
- The Medical Staff includes 200 active, courtesy, and consulting physicians in primary care and a multitude of specialties.
- The Greater Gardner, MA area is a safe and friendly family-oriented community with much to offer; Affordable cost of living and top-notch public and private schools.
- Beautiful and Historic, Gardner, MA, offers lots of outdoor recreation, boasts 21,000+ residents and is only 60 miles to Boston and 30 miles to Worcester, the state’s second largest city.
- Gardner is just 15 minutes from Wachusett Mountain Ski Area and just 20 minutes in the opposite direction are a variety of apple farms, pumpkin patches, hiking trails, abundant lakes and other outdoor recreation. Gardner and surrounding towns have an affordable cost-of-living and well-regarded public and private schools.